As we all know about the importance of breakfast, it should not be changed when we are camping. It is essential to eat a good meal before you start your day, especially when you are outdoors, as you will need plenty of energy for all the activities you have planned for the day!
Try some of these delicious outdoor breakfast recipes for your next outing:
The Ultimate Campfire Hash
What you need:
- 2 packs of grated potatoes in the refrigerator
- 1 pack of sausages, thawed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten (prepared at home – pour the mixture into a jug and store in the fridge)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over a grill or hot embers from a campfire and then cook the hash, sausage, green pepper, and onion until the potatoes are lightly browned about 15-20 minutes. Push the hash mixture to the side of the pan and pour the egg mixture into the center. Cook eggs until stiff. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready, stir the hash mixture into the egg. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Tropical ham breakfast sandwich
What you need:
- 6 French rolls, thawed at room temperature, cut in half
- 1/4 kg. deli sliced ham
- 6 pineapple rings, halved
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix the Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl. Spread the bottom of each roll with the mixture. Top it with a few slices of ham, followed by a pineapple ring, a slice of cheddar cheese, and then the top half of the roll.
Wrap each sandwich with a piece of strong aluminum foil. Place on a hot grill rack or over hot coals until hot, about 15-20 minutes, depending on how hot the fire is.
Remove the sandwiches from the heat and allow them to cool for a few minutes before opening and serving the foil.
Don’t set it up to be a universal case or do you want to make it yourself? Get some energy and get ready to start an adventure day – these delicious outdoor breakfast recipes will be a great way to start the day whenever you are outdoors!
Daniel J. Smith is a survival specialist. Having lived outdoors since he was very young, he loves to share his expertise on camping, hiking, traveling, RV living, and much more. He has also founded his own company called OutBright which will soon sell products that cater to caravans, hikers, travelers, and all outdoor enthusiasts.